Dose at night or all day long?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cypho
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I say dose non stop. Stability is nice, and with modern skimmers pH doesn't fall too much, typically. Julian Sprung doses alk every 10 minutes he's said.
 
Fascinating read. I've been dosing ESV 2 part at night, Alk & Ca alternating hours.

Alk:
OSC 060:00/008:27/051:33 Then ON
If Time 11:09 to 19:59 Then OFF
If pH > 8.35 Then OFF

Ca:
OSC 000:00/008:27/111:33 Then ON
If Time 10:09 to 19:59 Then OFF

I haven't tried testing Alk at night vs during the day but will have to do that now. My biggest pH swings are 7.96 to 7.85.
I don't have a large SPS load but my large hammer & frogspawn colonies grow like crazy.
Interestingly, I notice pH mostly drops during the day (skimmer is off), with a bump up while supplemental T5s are on. Then it rises at night during dosing & skimmer on.

upload_2017-12-15_9-40-36.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new