Dosing alk/Cal/mag

  • Thread starter Thread starter imnotmike
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

imnotmike

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 18, 2025
Messages
121
Reaction score
83
Location
Fontana
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello party people I'm running a Waterbox 60.2 approximately 50 gallons
I'm dosing All-For-Reef about 30ML day spread out between 15 doses in 24 hours. That being set I'm
Coming up on the upper limits of the uppermost dosage and this tank
Still has a lot of growing to do.
20260906_131810_9E7857DF-A23A-4A2D-997B-139138833C5A.png


20260906_131810_26A88E45-87F2-4A07-BC46-EE56DEA00809.png


20260906_131810_03B94C0D-4FCB-45A2-A7E9-2D9795FC186E.png


20260906_131810_48FCD813-B78D-4DD7-B48B-7E3C447B8723.png


20260906_131810_E9358803-B06D-4980-932E-CD4E42EBE643.png

, so I'm now trying to plan for the best way to
Keep my nutrainst in line.
 
What do you mean the uppermost limit of dose?

If alk and calcium are not too high, you can increase the dose as much as needed to maintain alk. There is no practical limit.

Are nutrients out of line now?
 
My alk is 8.3, Cal 380, mag 1830 but I know all for reef has a max daily dose and I'm coming close to it.
 
You have 20 mils before you even reach the suggested limit, and some people have dosed double the max with no issues. You should be fine.
 
My alk is 8.3, Cal 380, mag 1830 but I know all for reef has a max daily dose and I'm coming close to it.
No it doesn’t. As Randy said there is no limit. I have a total volume of 65 gallons in my tank and I’m dosing 50ml daily in a very mixed tank. Your parameters look fine to me although the mag is a little high in my opinion. I dose AFR 0nce a day at at the time my light are fully ramped up in the morning. Been doing this for many years with great success
 
My alk is 8.3, Cal 380, mag 1830 but I know all for reef has a max daily dose and I'm coming close to it.

Forget that max daily dose idea. It is just not true. Dose exactly what is needed to maintain your alkalinity target.

Your magnesium is also almost certainly test error unless you overdosed huge amounts.
 
sorry, I added a one it was 830. I checked it twice.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 45 33.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new