Dosing calcium

brycenelson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I have been dosing alkalinity and magnesium for a couple months now and I tested my calcium last night and it was running a little low 390 and I was wondering how to dose it. I know people love kalkwasser and calcium reactors but that’s just not realistic for my 55 gallon tank. I was looking into tropic marine all for reef because it would eliminate all the other dosing I have to do (also would be cheaper) any insight will help :)

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I have been dosing alkalinity and magnesium for a couple months now and I tested my calcium last night and it was running a little low 390 and I was wondering how to dose it. I know people love kalkwasser and calcium reactors but that’s just not realistic for my 55 gallon tank. I was looking into tropic marine all for reef because it would eliminate all the other dosing I have to do (also would be cheaper) any insight will help :)
A lot of folks are using that and have pretty good results. Me I just use Red Sea

rossco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For manual dosing in my frag tank, I use Seachem Reef Advantage Calcium for calcium and Reef Builder for alkalinity. Add directly to the sump in separate chambers during the feed cycle when the return pump is off. Gives time to dissolve before the pump kicks back on.

Tim'sReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using Red Sea as well. Alk and calcium on a doser and magnesium i dose manually when needed. I have heard good things about all for reef but have no experience with it.

Rocktron1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use seachem reef complete. Just a capful a week for 25g tank and it maintains it around 430-450. If it drops down I add 2 caps a week. It has added bonus of strontium and magnesium

Back