Dosing Container Stirrer

ksir17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I've been dosing for quite some time now and I always run into the problem (regardless of the product brand) that after about a day of sitting in the dosing container the suspended particles seem to settle to the bottom. I'm just wonder if there are any products out there that people use or have suggestions on DIY to keep this from happening. Ideally I would like to be able to not worry about this if going out of town for a few days. Thanks!

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I've been dosing for quite some time now and I always run into the problem (regardless of the product brand) that after about a day of sitting in the dosing container the suspended particles seem to settle to the bottom. I'm just wonder if there are any products out there that people use or have suggestions on DIY to keep this from happening. Ideally I would like to be able to not worry about this if going out of town for a few days. Thanks!
What brand and what are you dosing?

Are you buying liquid? Or powder and mixing yourself? What type of chemical?

If DIY, what recipe are you following?

OP
OP
ksir17

ksir17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What brand and what are you dosing?

Are you buying liquid? Or powder and mixing yourself? What type of chemical?

If DIY, what recipe are you following?

I've done both powdered and liquid. Currently I'm dosing Brightwell pre blended products but still find that magnesium tends to settle in the bottom of the dosing container after about a day of sitting. I guess I should have made it more clear in the post, but what I'm looking for is a product or DIY product you can design such as those magnetic stirrers that I can place under the container and set it to turn on say 5 minutes prior to scheduled dosing if that makes sense.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back