Dosing for alk and calcium

richierich01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone familiar with reef pro a and b. I’m a little confused at the dosing instructions

CB5A78CF-B978-4717-807A-99B23E6C3970.jpeg

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone familiar with reef pro a and b. I’m a little confused at the dosing instructions

CB5A78CF-B978-4717-807A-99B23E6C3970.jpeg
Sounds like low coral load so:
7.5ml of part a and b per 25 gallons
So if 100g, dose 30ml per day of each solution
How big is your tank?
It is best to pour into a high flow area
Do you agree?

OP
OP
richierich01

richierich01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like low coral load so:
7.5ml of part a and b per 25 gallons
So if 100g, dose 30ml per day of each solution
How big is your tank?
It is best to pour into a high flow area
Do you agree?
It’s a 20 gallon. Does it have to be dosed at the same time? At the moment the only thing low is my alk. So my alk is 7.7 at the moment and I want to slowly bring it up to 9ish. Is this dosed everyday? I’m new to this sorry for all the questions. I just don’t wanna come back to a dead tank lol

Shufflepig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a 20 gallon. Does it have to be dosed at the same time? At the moment the only thing low is my alk. So my alk is 7.7 at the moment and I want to slowly bring it up to 9ish. Is this dosed everyday? I’m new to this sorry for all the questions. I just don’t wanna come back to a dead tank lol
Several factors determine your dosing. Your stoney coral load, number of inverts with shells, frequency and amount of water changes will all affect how much calcium and alkalinity is used in your tank on a daily basis. You can certainly dose once daily. Dosing several times daily is an attempt to maintain better stability and avoid swings in alkalinity. Again your tanks use of alkalinity will determine if you need to dose daily to maintain the value where you desire. Start on the lower volume of dosing and test alkalinity daily to see how it affects your value day to day. This will give you a feel of how much your tank needs on a daily basis to keep the alkalinity value where you desire.

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am not familiar with this particular product, but you do not ever want to dose alk and cal at the same time. They may a thick muck and precipitate out.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back