Coralife Liquid Calcium

slav621

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having issues with LOW alkalinity. 4-5 dkh. I just realized that I was having these problems when I noticed my corals stopped growing. I plan to dose with Red Sea KH/ALK Foundation B to raise my alk slowly. I am going to do a large water change 75% on my 29 gallon and replenish with red sea coral pro salt first and then I will test again before dosing. When I start dosing the foundation B will CoralLife Liquid Calcium help keep my calcium numbers in check? My nitrate is 50 or over and that needs to go down as well so I hope the water change will help. My PH is reading between 8.2-8.4.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The coralife product is likely fine if you already have it.

Going forward, I'd suggest a method that ties alk and calcium dosing together, such as a two part, AFR, kalkwasser/limewater, etc. :)

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I had researched about that. The liquid calcium just seems so much easier to understand.

Most people think AFR is the most easy and convenient product to use, and the calcium part of a two part is often nearly identical to the coralife product.

Both are easier to use than independent dosing of alk and calcium, requiring frequent testing of both.

OP
OP
slav621

slav621

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most people think AFR is the most easy and convenient product to use, and the calcium part of a two part is often nearly identical to the coralife product.

Both are easier to use than independent dosing of alk and calcium, requiring frequent testing of both.
I may just switch to that after I run out of this product then! How bad is it that my nitrates are in the 50s? I’ve seen mixed reviews. I’m not having any algae problems really after I got through the ugly stages. My coral growth is definitely stumped even losing heads and I’m pretty confident it’s bc of my low alk and not my high nitrates. Thanks for your help!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back