Dosing Kalkwasser (calcium hydroxide)

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of adding kalkwasser to my ato to help maintain alk. and ca. a little more consistently. Who else is currently dosing? How are you doing it? I have a 12 gallon container that holds my ro/di water that I use for top off. I have about 30-35 gallons of water, and evaporate roughly .75 gallons a day. My ph generally fluctuates between 7.74-8.15 during a 24 hour cycle (thank you aquacontroller
4.gif
)

So any feedback, experiences, or suggestions are appreciated. By the way, this article is what I am basing most of what I know about dosing kalk on...What Your Grandmother Never Told You About Lime by Randy Holmes-Farley - Reefkeeping.com

SlackTide

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 tsp per gallon to start, settled clear fluid is best or your dripper will clog up, 2 tsp per gallon is pretty normal use, adding vinegar will allow more to go into solution but you might as well go to a ca reactor at that use level

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running a kalk stirrer in line with my ATO and it's kept levels much more consistent than just dosing 2-part.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back