Dosing kalkwasser

bingus

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2021
Messages
180
Reaction score
61
Location
battle ground
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ordered the bulk reef supply kalkwasser starter kit and it should be at my house when I get home from work today. I haven’t been adding anything for my few corals and I dont have alkalinity calcium or magnesium testers yet. My tank is a 55 gallon with 2 anenomes with some zoas, acans, hammers and a rodactis? (I think that’s what it’s called). I plan on getting the 50 dollar Red Sea test kit when I get paid but I want to know what a safe amount would be for me to add until then. Also good ways to add it as I don’t have an auto top off or a diy dripper. Thank you all!
 
Yeah, I wouldn’t add it without a test kit. Ran kalk for a couple years on my last tank. The key is small doses in a high flow area, preferably away from corals. I dosed mine into the sump next to the drain pipes. But I would wait for the test kits before I started dosing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new