Dosing Lanthanum Chloride (Pool Phosphate Reducer)

  • Thread starter Thread starter astefane
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Hey Everyone,
Sorry i haven't been back on this site for a while,

Just an update, I have been dosing for just over a month,
my solution is made up of club pro phosphate reducer,

I mix 1ml of product with 1L of RODI, and dose my tank 50ml of this solution per day. (dosed into the Air intake line of my skimmer) based on my calculations , my tank should be reduced by ~0.0161ppm per dose, I'm seeing about double that (possibly an error with my testing )
At this rate, I estimate the cost to be ~$0.0017 per dose.

In just over a month, I have gone from a high of 4.5070 to 3.4339 PPM (based on a Hana Phosphorus ULR Checker, (10ml of RODI + 1 ML of Tank water) 10ml of this solution used to
test.)
I have not see any issues with my any of my Fish ( Note: I do not have any Tangs in the tank).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new