Dosing location

reefingtakesmymoney92

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2025
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started dosing all for reef this week to help out on elements. I am manual dosing instead of a doser.

Where should I dose into? Pour into display or in the back where the return pump is?
 
I started dosing all for reef this week to help out on elements. I am manual dosing instead of a doser.

Where should I dose into? Pour into display or in the back where the return pump is?
I don't think it matters a ton but I usually dose into/near the powerhead/return nozzle I wouldn't dose it into the sump
 
I dosed my AFR into the overflow area of my tank.
 
If im doing it manually, i'd dump it straight into the main display.

I'm currently using dosers, common area for a doser is at the sump high flow area. But trust me, manual dosing will get really old really quick. Save the time and get a doser.
 
With All For Reef, I don't think it matters because the Alk component is not released all at once like with other products, it takes hours to a day or so for a new dose to bring the Alk up. But I think it's probably a good idea to ad it to a high flow area of your tank or sump. I add it to the return section on my 25 gallon lagoon AIO.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new