Dosing Prazipro day before water change

ReefinIt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some fish quarantining in copper for about a month now. I tried to shave off a couple weeks of the quarantine.

One week ago, I did a 100% water change and sterilized the QT. I put the fish in a 4 hours prazipro bath (using QT water from the water change), them put back in a fresh QT with copper.

Today is the last day of the copper treatment and I added prazipro. Tomorrow I will do 100% water change on the QT with no copper.

Will I be good if I do one more dose of prazipro in 7 days? I read that prazipro can work in 4 hours, but 24 hours seemed to be the recommended. I also saw that prazipro fine with copper power, but may cause a bacteria bloom. I figured if I"m changing the water the next day, it should be fine. Fish seem fine.

Summary:
9/2: 4 hour prazipro bath (at the concentration on the bottle, water change water so had copper)
9/9: 24 hours prazipro in QT (with copper), then 100% water change no copper
9/16: Prazi pro final dose?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some fish quarantining in copper for about a month now. I tried to shave off a couple weeks of the quarantine.

One week ago, I did a 100% water change and sterilized the QT. I put the fish in a 4 hours prazipro bath (using QT water from the water change), them put back in a fresh QT with copper.

Today is the last day of the copper treatment and I added prazipro. Tomorrow I will do 100% water change on the QT with no copper.

Will I be good if I do one more dose of prazipro in 7 days? I read that prazipro can work in 4 hours, but 24 hours seemed to be the recommended. I also saw that prazipro fine with copper power, but may cause a bacteria bloom. I figured if I"m changing the water the next day, it should be fine. Fish seem fine.

Summary:
9/2: 4 hour prazipro bath (at the concentration on the bottle, water change water so had copper)
9/9: 24 hours prazipro in QT (with copper), then 100% water change no copper
9/16: Prazi pro final dose?
That’s three prazi doses and the spacing is good, that should work. Can you change the four hour time to six for a little better margin of safety? I’ve used short term praziquantel dips at double dose, but never tried that with prazipro.
Jay

OP
OP
R

ReefinIt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Jay. I already did the 4 hour bath a week ago at regular strength. Maybe I’ll do two more dose to be safe.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back