Dosing Question

thedandandandy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I recently bought a supplemental reef accelerator to help my corals and on the back the directions say to "dose 5ml/10g regularly". Normally the instructions are very strict. Does anyone have advice on how frequent that would be? Once a month, once a week, every few days? I don't want to over dose. But I also want to make sure I'm dosing as much as is healthy for the corals so they are happy and spreading.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of corals. Many of those Accelerators aren't worth purchasing as you can keep a successful tank with proper husbandry, such as proper calcium & magnesium levels for stony corals.

OP
OP
T

thedandandandy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I have ric. florida and green star polyps and that's it at the moment. Planning on adding more varieties as money permits. Hah.

OP
OP
T

thedandandandy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah okay. Cool. That answers that! I will have it for whenever I have enough coral! At what point do I need to start using it?

OP
OP
T

thedandandandy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the thing though. Mine aren't. I mean, I don't know what the typical rate of growth is, but I haven't seen them cover a bigger space of the rock they are mounted on, though there are new polyps sprouting. So, it's fuller looking, but it's barely spread. I wouldn't even say an inch, and I got the frag in the beginning of Feb. Water tests great, ricordea has separated more than once, but the green stars aren't spreading. That's why I bought the accelerator. Hah

wysiwyg

marine predator man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when i got my gsp it went from a 5inchx5inch square to covering half my live rock in a yrs time

REEFKEEPER10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
trust me you will want it to stop when it gets to growing. it will be a weed. what is your lighting

OP
OP
T

thedandandandy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the moment, I have the coralife actinic bulb and a 50/50 bulb. But I don't use both at the same time. Hoping to switch to LED or halide once the bigger tank is cycled and started.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back