Dosing Triton Method

nathan smart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all

i have recently started dosing triton core 7 to my system, i am dosing with a kamoer f4 with a 15 minute delay with each pump adding the different solutions into the sump with medium flow rate through the sump. i have noticed when the dosing pump adds the 3a and 3b the solution turns white and lumpy when they hit the water. is this normal?. both solutions 1 and 2 when added dissipate as normal.
information much appreciated
cheers

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all

i have recently started dosing triton core 7 to my system, i am dosing with a kamoer f4 with a 15 minute delay with each pump adding the different solutions into the sump with medium flow rate through the sump. i have noticed when the dosing pump adds the 3a and 3b the solution turns white and lumpy when they hit the water. is this normal?. both solutions 1 and 2 when added dissipate as normal.
information much appreciated
cheers

Any Triton users experience this?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is normal for high pH additives to cause temporary precipitation of magnesium hydroxide when they hit the water. Dose it to a high flow area and more slowly to reduce the precipitation. It should redissolve as it mixes in. If not, you are letting it go further to calcium carbonate which will not redissolve.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 47 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back