Dosing Vodka and Phosphate E using DOS/DDR

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently dosing both Vodka (Nitrates) and Phosphate E (Phosphates) I am doing this manually daily and it is difficult to impossible to be consistent. I have a DOS and DDR so the question is would the Vodka or Phosphate E have any negative effect on the acrylic of the DDR?

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently dosing both Vodka (Nitrates) and Phosphate E (Phosphates) I am doing this manually daily and it is difficult to impossible to be consistent. I have a DOS and DDR so the question is would the Vodka or Phosphate E have any negative effect on the acrylic of the DDR?

Nope, you are good to go my friend.

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I’m not so sure of that. The DDR specifically says not to use alcohol in it.

I run Homemade NOPOX 500 ml vinegar, 375 ml vodka, 125 ml RODI, but I dose out of glass jars or reuse the vodka bottle.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back