Dosing? Where do I start…1st ICP

Calebd91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve had my 90g setup running about 8 months now and have just been doing water change every Sunday. But with additions of corals over time I’m now seeing my ALK Is dropping more than im replenishing. I’ve attached a graph showing the trend. I’ve looked into dosing an watched tons of videos an studied Randy’s articles an I think I’ve lost myself more then got clear idea on where to start….

I need help going in the right direction on what’s a good method.

Also I am sharing my first ICP test results in hopes to see what I can do to help my trouble areas, I have been using Red Sea blue bucket but from here on I’ll be using Fritz blue box RPM salt.

I’ll try to cover all my bases an routine
My total system is approx 90g (90g tank, trigger 26 sump, 2” sand bed, good bit of rock).
I use all Hannah checkers as of now beside mag I use Red Sea titration pro kit.
Feed 1 time a day during week(flake and pellets) , usually 2 times on Saturday’s. (Flake/pellet an cube of frozen reef cuisine) also usually 2-3 sheets nori per week.
about a teaspoon every other day of benepets reef powder
I was dosing Live Phyto but Havnt restocked an wasn’t really seeing any benifits honestly.
water change 5g every Sunday. Change filter sock an empty skimmer during change.
currently running small pouch of phosban and carbon. Change monthly. Phosphate still trending on the high side.

Corals consist of mainly LPS and few softies/leathers. They seem to be alive but not thriving an not seen much growth in LPS.

I appreciate any help and input

B1982D3E-4DD5-4048-BF7F-58501C358319.png

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve had my 90g setup running about 8 months now and have just been doing water change every Sunday. But with additions of corals over time I’m now seeing my ALK Is dropping more than im replenishing. I’ve attached a graph showing the trend. I’ve looked into dosing an watched tons of videos an studied Randy’s articles an I think I’ve lost myself more then got clear idea on where to start….

I need help going in the right direction on what’s a good method.

Also I am sharing my first ICP test results in hopes to see what I can do to help my trouble areas, I have been using Red Sea blue bucket but from here on I’ll be using Fritz blue box RPM salt.

I’ll try to cover all my bases an routine
My total system is approx 90g (90g tank, trigger 26 sump, 2” sand bed, good bit of rock).
I use all Hannah checkers as of now beside mag I use Red Sea titration pro kit.
Feed 1 time a day during week(flake and pellets) , usually 2 times on Saturday’s. (Flake/pellet an cube of frozen reef cuisine) also usually 2-3 sheets nori per week.
about a teaspoon every other day of benepets reef powder
I was dosing Live Phyto but Havnt restocked an wasn’t really seeing any benifits honestly.
water change 5g every Sunday. Change filter sock an empty skimmer during change.
currently running small pouch of phosban and carbon. Change monthly. Phosphate still trending on the high side.

Corals consist of mainly LPS and few softies/leathers. They seem to be alive but not thriving an not seen much growth in LPS.

I appreciate any help and input

B1982D3E-4DD5-4048-BF7F-58501C358319.png

It's really quite simple.

Measure your Alk before your water change in week 1
Measure your Alk before your water change the next week.

The drop is how much Alk is not being replenished by the water change.
Calculate how much additive is needed to replace that drop using the following link.

Divide the result shown by the calculator by 7 to calculate the daily dose.

Boogieman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your PH is on the low side like below 8.0 you could dose Kalkwasser... it will increase PH along with Alk and Cal. I dose 1500 ml mixed with water per day. With a few coral in a 120 gallon.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back