Down sizing to 60 gal cube

Derrick.Bailey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a 180gal for a long time and now I've decided to downsize to the cad lights versa 60 to simplify my life and should reduce power consumption, maintenance time and force me to get creative on the corals I'll be keeping. I've had many of the mature colonies for over 15 years so this is both exciting and tough. I'm also moving the location so it will be sort of divide viewing of the kitchen and livingroom. also anyone interested in a full 180 reef around east tn, message me. figure I'll make this a progress thread as I go and I'm gonna have questions!

OP
OP
Derrick.Bailey

Derrick.Bailey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should arrive today but it'll be a slow transition to the new tank following an emergency surgery concerning my wife just this past weekend. Hopefully, we'll bounce back financially and back to a normal life as soon as possible then continue the new set up.

OP
OP
Derrick.Bailey

Derrick.Bailey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have plenty of time to decide the direction of my tank while sitting in the hospital with the wife. I'm trying to decide if I want to do bare bottom or a shallow sand bed. A few pics of my progress in between hospital stays. I did manage to make a pond foam and rock background and built a 6" pedestal to raise the tank even with my half wall.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Derrick.Bailey

Derrick.Bailey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta say, I'm digging the fit and finish of the Cad Lights Versa 60. The instructions could be better but overall I think it's a sweet set up. I originally priced something similar from Red Sea which was equally beautiful and well put together but was almost $500 more. I also decided to step outside the crowd and opted for the Aquatic Life Halo deluxe. I had reservations due to the limited number of reviews out there and there really isn't that much chatter about them but it appears to be a great light. Since I don't have a controller and didn't want to purchase one with the kessile, I really appreciate the timer, dawn dusk, and moon light features built in. I really feel this light is sadly overlooked but for a pendant style light so far I'm very pleased with it. The Customer service is top notch as well.

ndz98

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you selling any individual parts or does it have to all be bought together?

OP
OP
Derrick.Bailey

Derrick.Bailey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure yet. It's all still up and running. We can't seem to stop spending nights at the hospital lately to ever get things moving. Was there something you were interested in? I can off load all the rock, coral and fish which won't be moving. Other than my asm skimmer and gyre, the rest is heading to the garage to be sold.

ndz98

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that man. I know it's no fun. If you have an ato and pump I might be interested.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 143 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back