Downsize on the Prairies



These Molly Miller Blennies sure are a personable fish. I'm not sure on the claims about eating aptasia though. I have 1 in a rock and this guy hasn't even looked at it. Maybe I am feeding him too well 🤷‍♂️.
 
9badaf4b-2071-4e2f-a60c-b4d401d1cba5.jpg


CB Maleficent

One of my favorite red corals.
 
8f3e76ca-7308-4bf6-89ab-934eaefa42c0.jpg


I have a real love hate relationship with the Pink Cadillac.

I love the pictures of the original colony. Yet I hate how the frags don't color up to look like the original. Sooner or later I will replace it with something nicer, but for now it is one of my fastest growers.
 
f11fe5b1-0cfa-4775-a469-82a04eec1ea1.jpg


Acropora florida

I am struggling with top down photography. I am using a Google Pixel 9 Pro however the photo angle through the surface of the water makes it tough to get a clear photo. Then the bright light over head makes it tough to see the image on the screen. I end up taking half a dozen photos at various setting and crossing my fingers the image is in half decent focus.
 
9d76ee1f-7b6d-4d99-84ad-100069b005df.jpg


TC Shapeshifter

This is one I am curious about. It is another Green base red Acropora. From what I am told the coral will make dramatic changes to its color based on trace elements, light intensity, etc.

Right now it is green with some deep red polyps. Once it is settled I hope to see the flowing bright red and gold polyps. Looking closely at the photo I can see the red starting to come in on the coralites.
 
06089362-5be4-4100-b197-026d1219b0b8.jpg


FTS. I hate this stage, the tank has got a ton of coral yet looks empty.

I also think I am going to find some flat Rock and lift the rock structure 4 or 5 inches.
 
63c3d336-956f-41ee-9dea-18ce9df7e0a8.jpg


This is one from a friend's tank I have my eye on. I'm not sure if it's A. efflorescence or A. solitaryensis, or some other solid body table Acro.

Either way, when it grows big enough, a piece is coming home to my tank.
 
76a78615-a3a9-4a1a-85cb-98aca227572d.jpg


TGC Creamsicle

When we buy the Neptune Trident Reagents, they come with a calibration solution. Are you reusing that solution over multiple calibrations, or are they one and done for you?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new