• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Downsizing. Custom 225 gallon reef with nice stand and parts

Mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not interested in shipping any thing at this time. Local pickup only.

Selling off the big reef tank. I have downsized to a 130-gallon. We are making some changes to the house, so I had to move my hobby to our finished basement. And the best wall for a tank would only accommodate a 5-foot tank. So the 6 footer has to go. I will miss it!

Custom 225-gallon tank and stand, $2400 OBO. The tank was made by Deep Sea Aquatics. The dimensions are 72"x27"x27". It has an overflow on left side of tank back with 3 drains and one return. I had it plumbed bean animal style. The normal DSA 225g had the overflow box in the middle, which ruins the aquascape IMO. So I had it ordered with a single large left overflow. Seams are black silicone. The stand and tank were ordered through Jorge at Pure Reef. The stand is attractive, wife approved. It's an antique white color. It includes a top wood frame to hide the black tank frame and matches the stand. The left side of the stand has a hidden door to make plumbing a breeze. No trips to the chiropractor after plumbing this thing. This thing cost me $3500 new. You will need 6 guys to move this thing. Maybe 4 really strong guys.

Trigger Systems Tideline 48 sump. $450. It cost me over $700 new. Will include new mesh filter socks. It has a large refugium and skimmer compartments. Only modification was drilling out one of the dosing tubing holes to accommodate a larger diameter tube for auto-topoff. This fit great under the 225g for sale above. http://www.triggersys.com/test/tideline-specs-2/

Aquamaxx Cone-S 3 Skimmer. $250. I used this skimmer on the tank. Worked well. Uses a Sicce pump.

Ecotech Vectra M1: $200. The wireless module in the controller went bad and kept it from starting. I called up Ecotech and they said just pull it out. That fixed it, and it's run fine ever since. I don't use their reef-link, so I don't need wireless. I'm an Apex die hard. You can easily replace the wireless module by ordering a replacement part from ecotech. The controller itself works fine.

ATI Sunpower 8x80-watt, 60"(scratch and dent model). $400. One of the corners has a dent. It arrived that way so ATI sold it for a discount. They had them for sale through their sponsor forum on R2R. Since the ATI can be hung with either side up front, I just put the dented side on the back. Can't see it. Excuse the salt spray, I will get it cleaned up before pickup.

43353172361_d8f4df93cc_c.jpg

41544549660_47ccd621ee_c.jpg

41544548790_6d9855738c_c.jpg

43353171601_1c40af71c6_c.jpg

43353173231_b587039f41_c.jpg

43353171031_00b6e9f475_c.jpg

OP
OP
Mark

Mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updates and dropping prices. I'd like to get this tank sold before my daughter's birthday since she is getting a large bearded dragon and we need the wall for the new display!

Custom 225-gallon tank and stand, $1500 OBO. Make me an offer.

Trigger Systems Tideline 48 sump. SOLD
Aquamaxx Cone-S 3 Skimmer. Pending

Ecotech Vectra M1: $100. The wireless module in the controller went bad and kept it from starting. I called up Ecotech and they said just pull it out. That fixed it, and it's run fine ever since. I don't use their reef-link, so I don't need wireless. I'm an Apex die hard. You can easily replace the wireless module by ordering a replacement part from ecotech. The controller itself works fine.

ATI Sunpower 8x80-watt, 60"(scratch and dent model). $200. One of the corners has a dent. It arrived that way so ATI sold it for a discount. They had them for sale through their sponsor forum on R2R. Since the ATI can be hung with either side up front, I just put the dented side on the back. Can't see it. Excuse the salt spray, I will get it cleaned up before pickup.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 42 22.8%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 106 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back