DP’s 15g JBJ AIO Nano Reef

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just recently moved to Rochester MN for my first job after graduation, meaning I am over 600 miles away from my reef tanks! Knowing that I will be here for a few years, it is the perfect time to start up a reef tank. Living in an apartment this couldn’t be a massive tank so I decided to go with a 15g JBJ AIO cube which is the perfect size for my needs. Other than my 2.5g pico reef I set up my last year of college this will be the smallest reef setup I will have owned. The plan is to house a pair of clownfish, anemone and soft/LPS coral.

Equipment so far:
15g JBJ AIO cube
50W heater
RO Buddy
65w Noopsyche mini LED
10lbs of Marco Dry Rock
IO Purple bag Salt
A1 Apex (from my other tanks which were upgraded to the 2016 version)
Refractometer
8.5oz bottle of Biospira
New Life Spectrum Pellets

So the tank has been set up, Rock came in as 1 piece so instead of breaking it up I utilized it as is and the way I positioned it is perfect for corals offering both low flow and high flow areas while also having some height. Salted the tank and in went a healthy pair of designer clownfish (snowflake morph?) and the bacteria. I am also using the included mechanical and biological filtration included w/ the tank. I specifically waited to order my lights until now so that it would take ~2 weeks to get here making sure that I kept the light off the tank for at least 2 weeks but my plan is about a month of no light and then gradually turn them on but who knows, things don’t always go to plan!

Here are a few photos of the set-up so far and I hope you guys will enjoy the slow progression of the tank!
44C8CEA1-C27A-4223-A85E-DA9BCD310DE7.jpeg
B3877408-BF47-4F09-8971-8449AF16B2CF.jpeg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congratulations on the new adventure!!!

Back