Dr. Joshi’s 500 Gallon SPS dominated mixed reef

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes you wonder why ppl say leds can't grow SPS. Clearly they can, you just might need the same amount of watts.

Corey

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to see his tank back in full force and recover so fast! He's a reefer that uses his instinct and observation to keep corals and rarely messes around with tanks. Great guy aswell..when I lived in PA, I emailed Sanjay and he was kind enough to ask me to stop by - this was shortly before his chiller failure so never went... Luckily I still have his email :)

motoxjunky21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Killer write up ! There is a lot of good info. Would anyone happen to know how high his lights are mounted ?

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing setup and an amazing person behind it with a load of modesty and contributions to the hobby.
Very happy to see the article now to get Prof Joshi active on the forum :)

Brandondavy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I meet this man at Reef-A-palooza today. I am not going to lie I was very star struck. But he was very nice. Thank you for all your hard work, and bring more recognition to this hobby.

Wankell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was almost a year and a half ago, does anyone know if he changed his lighting schedule or upgraded to G4's? I have a XR30 G4 Pro and am curious what people are running with the new profiles available, I have seen a lot of talk about the AB+ profile.

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was almost a year and a half ago, does anyone know if he changed his lighting schedule or upgraded to G4's? I have a XR30 G4 Pro and am curious what people are running with the new profiles available, I have seen a lot of talk about the AB+ profile.

He has upgraded to G4 PROs and is running all channels at 100% (not including sunrise, sunset). Jake (reefbuilders) posted a video on his tank recently.. Definitely check it out on youtube.... I doubt he made any changes his success is predicated on not tinkering with his tank unlike myself :(

Wankell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has upgraded to G4 PROs and is running all channels at 100% (not including sunrise, sunset). Jake (reefbuilders) posted a video on his tank recently.. Definitely check it out on youtube.... I doubt he made any changes his success is predicated on not tinkering with his tank unlike myself :(

HAHA I think we are all guilty of that, although after 6 or 7 setups I think i've also come to the conclusion of leaving things alone as much as I can.

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HAHA I think we are all guilty of that, although after 6 or 7 setups I think i've also come to the conclusion of leaving things alone as much as I can.

lol - I went the sanjay route and did all channels at 100% since the Par seemed reasonable enough. Word to the wise - don't try copies Sanjays tank - you will fail miserably. Everyones tank is different this one is a MATURE, high nutrient, high ALK, High lighting system. I stopped fiddling with my radions few weeks ago and will perhaps increase intensity with time but not the spectrum

Wankell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol - I went the sanjay route and did all channels at 100% since the Par seemed reasonable enough. Word to the wise - don't try copies Sanjays tank - you will fail miserably. Everyones tank is different this one is a MATURE, high nutrient, high ALK, High lighting system. I stopped fiddling with my radions few weeks ago and will perhaps increase intensity with time but not the spectrum

I will take a look at that video, thanks for the heads up!

dvmsn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, that profile will cook corals not used to it. I also think the height they are above the water helps protect against nuking.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just bumping this back up for those who may not have seen it. ;)

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would like to see more photos!! :p

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incredible tank and great article to re-read! What fish is this?...

unspecified.jpg

LA9899

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank and read. Very impressive what can be accomplished.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 80 75.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back