Dr Tim’s over Dose

a1abeach

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was cycling with my tank tonight and I use Dr. Tim’s one and only per the instructions for my refer XL 425 after rock and hold 95 gallons overdosed on the ammonia chloride. It’s a 2 ounce bottle and I should’ve only used a third supposed to count 4 drops per gallon good luck with that anyway I put 2/3 of a 2 ounce bottle of ammonia and when I should only put a third what should I do at this point starting out my first day really good. Thanks Jeff

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was cycling with my tank tonight and I use Dr. Tim’s one and only per the instructions for my refer XL 425 after rock and hold 95 gallons overdosed on the ammonia chloride. It’s a 2 ounce bottle and I should’ve only used a third supposed to count 4 drops per gallon good luck with that anyway I put 2/3 of a 2 ounce bottle of ammonia and when I should only put a third what should I do at this point starting out my first day really good. Thanks Jeff
You could do a water change, but I think if you leave it alone it will work itself out.

Don’t panic too much.

Pistol Peet

Reefing , family ,God, country.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave it be I did the same thing it took a little longer to cycle it out but was perfectly fine. You could also throw in a little more of doc time bacteria if u have more. Not a huge deal though maybe a little longer wait is all. I think it took an extra week for me.

OP
OP
a1abeach

a1abeach

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But should I still follow the keep following the directions by dosing on day three and day six

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back