Dr Tim's Eco balance bacteria

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 12, 2019
Messages
13,491
Reaction score
10,699
Location
Here
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I was wondering if anyone knows what species of bacteria are living in this bottle? If not I'll contact Dr. Tim's Aquatics. I am trying to decide between this or pns priobio after having run UV for dinos and wanting to re-establish my water column diversity
 
Following. I'm curious
 
Interesting. You could do both...

I've seen many studies where Rhodopseudomonas palustris (the bacterium in PNS ProBio) and Bacillus spp. are used together, whether as probiotics or to improve water quality. Apparently their effects are synchronistic. This pair is sometimes added alongside Lactobacillus or Saccharomyces.

Also interesting, these combos aren't just used in aquaculture, but also for hydroponics.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new