Dr Tims one and only?

A$AP-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, this will be my first time doing a fishless cycle with my new RedSea e-260 tank which I will be setting up in about a week or two. I have a few questions... I researched and I'm getting so many different answers & such ?! now.. question/questions are, when I add this stuff it says it will take about 1 week to fully cycle, I will be using marine depot aquamax reefsaver rock it is stated on the bottle it helps with curing of the rock. I understand that there shouldn't be any lights on. now, Dr. Tim did state that I should use filter socks cause the bacteria can get caught up within the micron bags. I have a all in one tank, which this is my first time using a redsea tank all in one. Normally a cycle for me 5 years ago was 4-5weeks 6 at most for a full tank cycle. any help given is highly appreciated. also any methods you guys have used with this product will be so useful for myself! thank you so much for any answers once again.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t personally used Dr Tim’s but hopefully some of the guys will help you specifically with that, but the days of long 5-6 weeks cycles are gone, although many people still do this which is fine. I used ATM Colony myself which instantly cycled the tank pretty much.

The bacteria in a bottle basically quickly cycles the tanks so you can add fish

I had the E260 before upgrading, it doesn’t have filter socks (assuming you haven’t got the sump option) but it has 2 black chunks of sponge that go in the rear container and I wouldn’t think that would affect the Dr Tim’s if that’s what you mean

And welcome to R2R as well, it’s great to have you with us!

OP
OP
A$AP-Reefer

A$AP-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t personally used Dr Tim’s but hopefully some of the guys will help you specifically with that, but the days of long 5-6 weeks cycles are gone, although many people still do this which is fine. I used ATM Colony myself which instantly cycled the tank pretty much.

The bacteria in a bottle basically quickly cycles the tanks so you can add fish

I had the E260 before upgrading, it doesn’t have filter socks (assuming you haven’t got the sump option) but it has 2 black chunks of sponge that go in the rear container and I wouldn’t think that would affect the Dr Tim’s if that’s what you mean

And welcome to R2R as well, it’s great to have you with us!
i didn't do the sump upgrade, okay that's perfect ! so I will only have sponges in the back . do you know or possibly know if I should be running the skimmer. but then again you haven't used this product. ive been pulling my hair out with this one... but that's crazy ! no more waiting so long for results ! that's great to hear. this hobby has came a long way and im glad to be back in it. I sure do miss my old tanks but this one im gonna try my best to do everything by the book and tweak what I can that works for me, as most of the time what works for someone else might not work for me. I learned that the hard way when I was younger and just starting into the hobby.

OP
OP
A$AP-Reefer

A$AP-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have used "one and only" for at least 3 tanks and i trust the product
i started skimmer etc fast and stil cycle superfast

thanks for a speedy reply as well, now after checking pars on the tank and everything is leveled ot after 1 week.. will it be safe to add a fish or few or maybe some hardy coral? obviously I need to watch out for the bio load per fish (etc). after the cycle is done and parameters are stable after a week do I do a water change then 10-20% would be good ? sorry for such a noobie question but I'm just getting back into the hobby and feel like a baby just learning how to walk again. lol

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back