Dragon wrasse in reef tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nano Gabe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nano Gabe

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2018
Messages
484
Reaction score
155
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a baby dragon wrasse for my reef. Very cool looking fish with interesting behavior. I read that they try to imitate seaweed to avoid predators. I have to say I think it works either that or my fish are freaked out by his looks haha.

Anyone ever had a dragon wrasse in their tanks?
 
No and I’m JEALOUS!!!! Saw one at one of our LFS this week and wanted to hit the buy button! We have two wrasses already in our 100g, I don’t think our pod population would be very happy if we added a third. Do you have a shot of the new tank ruler?
 
AMAZING fish!!! Top 5 favorites for me personally! Also, they get very large and eat any crustaceans they happen to feel like as they grow larger. He will also rearrange anything you don’t have glued down. Small things at first, but as he grows what they are capable of moving is astonishing! GLUE EVERYTHING DOWN! Hahaha
 
Last edited:
Best picture I could get he swims a lot

73DE5263-3E89-46A9-BA94-3EEC904A3B7D.jpeg
 
Yeah as adults they look even cooler can’t wait
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new