Drain line cleaning and return pump plumbing cleaning.

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all

I have a tank that’s about almost two years of age. Waterbox 90.3.

I went and took a peek into my overflow box and was stunned how much algae and build up on the main drain opening there was.

I ended up shoving a brush down there and cleaning it but can’t seem to find a way else to clean drain and return line. Because now I think they need a good scrubbing.

What’s the best way to do this?

I’m honestly thinking of just replacing all the plumbing on it. Lemme know what yall think

queball110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all

I have a tank that’s about almost two years of age. Waterbox 90.3.

I went and took a peek into my overflow box and was stunned how much algae and build up on the main drain opening there was.

I ended up shoving a brush down there and cleaning it but can’t seem to find a way else to clean drain and return line. Because now I think they need a good scrubbing.

What’s the best way to do this?

I’m honestly thinking of just replacing all the plumbing on it. Lemme know what yall think
I was able to find a cleaning kit on Amazon think it's a hygger brand but It has a glass scrapper and cleaning sponge sand rake and also a stiff round brush attachment with a long extendable handle i clean my drain lines with it every 3 months or so. It brushes a good amount of crap into my filter sock.

OP
OP
Sidsreef

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to find a cleaning kit on Amazon think it's a hygger brand but It has a glass scrapper and cleaning sponge sand rake and also a stiff round brush attachment with a long extendable handle i clean my drain lines with it every 3 months or so. It brushes a good amount of crap into my filter sock.
Sweet I’ll look it up thanks

dschuffert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This worked well for me:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 163 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back