Drawing corals and inverts

MexiReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone

I am curious to know if anyone has developed the interest and skill to draw the animals we keep in our displays- I have never had the itch to draw until now specially for my reef tanks so was looking for fellows who have gone through the same.

best

Neil Fox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to do some drawing and used tank inhabitants as subjects. There is also a reefer near my house that started making reef themed artwork that she is even selling/ You should post some of your art or other reefers could post reef art here. Not really drawing but I 3D printed this octopus and hummingbird feeder.

20200817_123311.jpg

BackToTheReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my daugher also is very artistic. She is a digital animator. I have asked for some pointers to start drawing.

That's funny, my daughter was either going to school to be a vet or to be an animator. Vet/bio/chem won out

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While not coral or invert, it is a sea creature :) My 13 year old daughter got all of my art skills and is definitely drawing better than I did at her age. This is her latest drawing.......

turtle.jpg

Last edited:

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's funny, my daughter was either going to school to be a vet or to be an animator. Vet/bio/chem won out

It is strange when both sides of the brain seem to be working at high levels. My daughter is into art/animation but also does really well in math/science (though she says she hates it). For now art is winning. She is only 14 so she has time to make up her mind. It is amazing to see her work. She can draw a picture faster than i can draw a stick man.

I can't get her to draw anything "real". All her stuff is like this that I don't understand.

anime.jpg

BackToTheReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is strange when both sides of the brain seem to be working at high levels. My daughter is into art/animation but also does really well in math/science (though she says she hates it). For now art is winning. She is only 14 so she has time to make up her mind. It is amazing to see her work. She can draw a picture faster than i can draw a stick man.

I can't get her to draw anything "real". All her stuff is like this that I don't understand.

anime.jpg

We are walking the same path!! Mine started drawing/copying ducks, elk, and moose off the covers of my magazines, then went to flowers and stuff she liked, then went to anime so I get it 100%!!

She's got some mad skill!!

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are walking the same path!! Mine started drawing/copying ducks, elk, and moose off the covers of my magazines, then went to flowers and stuff she liked, then went to anime so I get it 100%!!

She's got some mad skill!!

Well, still can't her to do any animals or fish. She has gotten into South Park and she did this drawing for Halloween.

This is Stan from South Park in his Raggedy Andy costume.

stan.jpg
And this is her interpretation of that:

stan interpretation.jpg

BackToTheReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, still can't her to do any animals or fish. She has gotten into South Park and she did this drawing for Halloween.

This is Stan from South Park in his Raggedy Andy costume.

stan.jpg
And this is her interpretation of that:

stan interpretation.jpg

Uh, that's pretty freaking amazing!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back