Dream sumps design advice

Lovetoclown

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2014
Messages
112
Reaction score
40
Location
Reno, Nevada
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of upgrading from my 46 gallon 3 year old tank to a 320 gallon envision acrylics tank. I built a sump/hobby room on the opposite side of the wall. I need help planning the new sumps. I am going to use two 4ft 75g tanks. I can either put one above the other or staggered one behind the other. The return and skimmer are both external. I was thinking about having one tank house a frag rack and the macro and other plants and rock. But I would love some advice on how many chambers, where to plumb in the skimmer, where to pull water from to feed the refugium or where to return water from the refugium. Any info would be great! Thanks.
 
So if one tank is going to house the frag rack, macro and rocks, what's going to be in the other one?
 
I would suggest having your refugium section be the first thing the water from the tank goes into, since it just seems the 'dirtier' water would be better for the plants. Also having one sump over the other means you could gravity feed the second sump, and it leaves more floor space for other stuff in your sump room.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new