OP
robottaway

robottaway

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added one of the Jebao Nero knock offs. They make a smaller size than what Nero provides that while pricey for my cheap tank setup does fit the bill nicely. Moved a few corals around seeing I had to get in the tank to remove bubble algae forming on my mushrooms. No idea where it came from, about a month ago, with no new additions in past 6 months. Maybe the extra flow from the Jebao kicked it up? Tank looks more interesting now.

image.jpg

Attachments

• trim.D05C61AC-5767-4340-AB9D-464D34318CAA.MOV
    10.6 MB
Last edited:
OP
OP
robottaway

robottaway

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is established good bit over a year. Came to the realization I have been a bit too light on feeding. Zoa growth has been very slow, one of my two mushrooms actually is more or less dead (I know how do you kill a mushroom). Phos and nitrate are bottomed out per ATI kit. Started feeding reef roids direct few weeks ago. Too late for the mushroom but other corals are responding. Already 3-4 new heads on my joker zoas. Thinking maybe add one more fish (total 2) so I can feed more see if that helps get those params up and more growth.

OP
OP
robottaway

robottaway

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
went to lfs today and brought home a new fish. Any clown experts want to take a guess at which variety?

edit: video upload did not work. Adding pics.

4C3B2FA0-D2A3-46CC-9AA5-FEA1912C1AC8.jpeg

86DFC0F9-3C37-4A32-8D6C-AD6D6E808519.jpeg

Attachments

• trim.F7D33FC7-4A02-4862-9A80-0A9795A9B7AE.MOV
    6.4 MB
Last edited:

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
went to lfs today and brought home a new fish. Any clown experts want to take a guess at which variety?

edit: video upload did not work. Adding pics.

4C3B2FA0-D2A3-46CC-9AA5-FEA1912C1AC8.jpeg

86DFC0F9-3C37-4A32-8D6C-AD6D6E808519.jpeg
Extreme Frostbite? I have a female that looks almost exactly like yours but I also can’t remember if that’s what she was called.

OP
OP
robottaway

robottaway

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. I’m impressed with the amount of coralline on the wall with the stock light!
Surprises me it grows so much faster than it ever did in my last tank, an im 30l with two kessil 160we blues. That tank even had a longer light cycle. No dosing just water changes ~2 weeks. I do use carbon and change frequently. Really took off 3 or so months ago for no obvious reason.

OP
OP
robottaway

robottaway

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Extreme Frostbite? I have a female that looks almost exactly like yours but I also can’t remember if that’s what she was called.
Thank you! That could be it. Looking at some pics I googled very similar. Only difference I see is the bottom fins being all black on mine. He already is grown so maybe as they age the fins darken? wanted a mature clown due to other fish being a blue devil. Make sure he can give it back as good as he gets it.

OP
OP
robottaway

robottaway

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5777.jpeg

Upgraded to one of my two Kessil lights and added the Intank basket. Got a bit lazy on maintenance while feeding too much and having some issues with algae. All seems under control now. Snails are doing a pretty fair jobs of mowing down the green hair.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back