Drill a hole for a Monti digitata plug?

Texas Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2013
Messages
1,106
Reaction score
433
Location
Pearland, Tx.
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm contemplating drilling a hole in a small rock in order to place my Monti. What size are most plugs? Or should I break the Monti off the plug and putty/super glue it to the rock? I haven't drilled live rock before, but I don't want to cause the Monti, which is doing well in the sand, too much damage. Ugh.
 
I use a 1/2 inch masonry bit when I drill rock for plug holes. If the rock is too small there is a good chance you will crack it in half if you don't go slow. You might consider snapping the stem off the plug and then gluing it to the live rock. The coral will probably do fine whichever way you decide.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new