Drilling back of tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter ReeferT
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ReeferT

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2022
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Glocester
What state or country do you live in
Rhode Island
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering drilling the back wall of my tank, but am unsure if it is tempered. It is painted black so I cannot use standard visual tests to verify. Does anyone know if any manufacturers temper the sides of tanks? This is a Oceanic by Perfecto from around 2010. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
 
I am considering drilling the back wall of my tank, but am unsure if it is tempered. It is painted black so I cannot use standard visual tests to verify. Does anyone know if any manufacturers temper the sides of tanks? This is a Oceanic by Perfecto from around 2010. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Yes I have heard they use temperd glass in almost all there tanks if your trying to have a sump you can always use a hang on back overflow!
 
Just curious, how do people with un-drilled tanks place the returns in the tank so they don’t fall out?
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new