Drip acclimation for drastic salinity difference

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fish_Fry
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fish_Fry

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2022
Messages
163
Reaction score
214
Location
Denver
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a couple of torch corals that were kept in 28 PSU, & my salinity is a little higher than normal at 37 PSU.

I'm starting to drip acclimate, any suggestions on how long I should take? I'm worried I might need a heater to keep them at the proper temperature.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks
 
Just an update. I put the container on a seed heating mat to keep the temp from dropping too much.

About 3.5 hours into my drip acckimation, I set aside some of the water. I did a coral dip with the remaining water. Once that was done I put the corals in the water I had set aside.

I'm going to do a slightly faster drip for a little bit longer. Then I'm going to put them in the tank and go to bed.

Lesson learned, next time I'm going to throw them in a QT tank at the same salinity and then slowly match it to the DT. It'll be a good excuse to buy a new light.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new