Dripping Corals

mapexdrummer09

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2016
Messages
23
Reaction score
27
Location
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When receiving a new coral do you all drip acclimate your new coral?
I'm curious to what everyone else does, I hear some people say they will and others that will only float to match temperature, dip their new coral, and then just place it.
 
When receiving a new coral do you all drip acclimate your new coral?
I'm curious to what everyone else does, I hear some people say they will and others that will only float to match temperature, dip their new coral, and then just place it.

Here at BRS we typically do a full dipping and acclimating procedure. Here are a couple of videos we did specifically about that topic! :)





 
When receiving a new coral do you all drip acclimate your new coral?
I'm curious to what everyone else does, I hear some people say they will and others that will only float to match temperature, dip their new coral, and then just place it.
I killed half my corals dripping. I tried the below and haven't lost a frag yet. Frags also look healthy within a few hours.

*15 min float

*add 50% TW
acclimate 5 minutes

*Bayer dip method, double rinse with TW making sure you use fresh tank water with similar water temp.

I try to get my frags in the DT as quick as possible less than 25-30 minutes when I walk in the door.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new