Droplytix dip test app enabled.

Personally, I wouldn't use it. Most of the time, basic strip tests like that are not accurate.
 
Agree not accurate. If you sue it compare results to a better test kit.
 
Personally, I wouldn't use it. Most of the time, basic strip tests like that are not accurate.
I’m wondering if anyone on here has compared this test to Hanna checkers. I’m weighing out my options on test kits. Don’t have lots of funds to seek into testing at the current time. I may get some pushback on this….. but I’ve never tested my water besides the salinity. I’ve got primarily softies and some lps which all seem happy. Fish are happy as well. The tank is a 62 gallon AIO.
 
I’m wondering if anyone on here has compared this test to Hanna checkers. I’m weighing out my options on test kits. Don’t have lots of funds to seek into testing at the current time. I may get some pushback on this….. but I’ve never tested my water besides the salinity. I’ve got primarily softies and some lps which all seem happy. Fish are happy as well. The tank is a 62 gallon AIO.

I'd start with an alk test, and if money is a concern, and you do not have color blindness, pick the salifert kit.
 
I’m wondering if anyone on here has compared this test to Hanna checkers. I’m weighing out my options on test kits. Don’t have lots of funds to seek into testing at the current time. I may get some pushback on this….. but I’ve never tested my water besides the salinity. I’ve got primarily softies and some lps which all seem happy. Fish are happy as well. The tank is a 62 gallon AIO.
Salifert kits are relatively cheap and good. Red Sea has a "complete" test that contains Alk, Ca, and Mg. If you really want to, you can get Hanna's, but those cost a little bit more. Stay away from strip test and API kits (also are known for not being accurate)
 
Salifert kits are relatively cheap and good. Red Sea has a "complete" test that contains Alk, Ca, and Mg. If you really want to, you can get Hanna's, but those cost a little bit more. Stay away from strip test and API kits (also are known for not being accurate)
I appreciate your recommendations. I’m going to look into these now!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new