dry rock

mr bojangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys,i have a innovative marine 40, the dt is 1 year old with softies, and dry rock, yesterday I looked inside the rock and I could see white strands, when I looked in the back section it was filled with white strands, these are not alive, itook the rock out broke a piece off to find it full of these strands, are these harmfull I cured my rock for 6 months all my parameters are fine, dose anyone have any ideas, thanks

OP
OP
mr bojangles

mr bojangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys,i have a innovative marine 40, the dt is 1 year old with softies, and dry rock, yesterday I looked inside the rock and I could see white strands, when I looked in the back section it was filled with white strands, these are not alive, itook the rock out broke a piece off to find it full of these strands, are these harmfull I cured my rock for 6 months all my parameters are fine, dose anyone have any ideas, thanks
hi.picture not to good.strands look like white hair.ihave 2 pieces of dry rock.i dont think this is dry rock because the other one is fine
. and my phosphates keep creeping up.

20170129_190013_003.jpg

OP
OP
mr bojangles

mr bojangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it does took rock out of tank ,phosphate over the last week down to 0.03 with a couple of water chages so hopefully phosphates sorted,i wont be putting this rock back in tank, just a matter of re scapping rest of rock , thanks for your input

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 186 72.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 47 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back