DS18B20 temperature sensor for Hydros.

Madison Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is another thread regarding this, but I could not find the definitive answer.
How can I connect DS18B20? I already have two other temp sensors from hydros and the moment I plug in DS18B20 sensor, it give me error on all three probes.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always got the Hydros sensors. I have not tried to DIY this since the Hydros sensors are not that expensive. I am not sure it would be worth the effort but you would need to know the pinout on the sense port which has a ground, +5v a analog input and a digital input.

OP
OP
M

Madison Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always got the Hydros sensors. I have not tried to DIY this since the Hydros sensors are not that expensive. I am not sure it would be worth the effort but you would need to know the pinout on the sense port which has a ground, +5v a analog input and a digital input.
Hi! Thank you for your reply.
I think that I got the pinout right, but strangely it gives me error on all three probes.
I am also building a reef-pi currently so I have extra ds18b20 laying around for extra empty ports on hydro controller, so I thought someone could help me. Is there anyone from hydros you'd suggest I tag?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Thank you for your reply.
I think that I got the pinout right, but strangely it gives me error on all three probes.
I am also building a reef-pi currently so I have extra ds18b20 laying around for extra empty ports on hydro controller, so I thought someone could help me. Is there anyone from hydros you'd suggest I tag?
If all the other sense ports quit working when that is plugged in then I would think the 5v was overloaded. There is a DIY section on the Hydros forum. Have you checked there?

OP
OP
M

Madison Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If all the other sense ports quit working when that is plugged in then I would think the 5v was overloaded. There is a DIY section on the Hydros forum. Have you checked there?
I have joined the Hydros forum. Thank you for your suggestion!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back