Dual inflow with shared outflow

miki76

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 17, 2025
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Luxembourg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, I am building a custom circa 500l / 125 gallon reef tank. It is going to be 70 inch long and only below 20 inch deep.

I want to put two inflow/outflow pipes on opposite corners for maximum flexibility of flow management. I will use a Red Sea reefrun 4000 for each of the inflows.

I would like to have two outflow pipes connected to Red Sea Reefmat 2100 but this of course would require the two pipes to merge before the reefmat.

Has anybody have experience with such setup?
I wonder if the two flows merging could lead to any noise issues or could cause any other problems I should consider upfront?

Thanks for any advice from more experienced reefers!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new