Dual return Pumps

gpinto81

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running a RSR350 with a sump in the basement. I also have 2 COR 20's that I want to use to help with the head pressure, etc. Has anyone run two in their sump and can share the plumbing. When I did a 90 degree for each of them to get to a single output to the return it doesn't really work. Any help would be appreciated.

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always have redundancy for water movement on my systesm and 2 return pumps is and easy way to achieve that. I run seperate returns though when I have two return pumps to eliminate the issues with back pressure in side the plumbing. If both pumps are connected to the same return they need to be matched, if one is more powerful it's going to increase the back pressure on hte smaller one and in a worst case scenario may push water back through it. For just one return I'd use larger diameter return line to reduce back pressure that will restrict flow. I'd also use a sweeping wye for the same reason. And check valves so if one pump fails all the output of the good pump still goes to the tank.

Upvote 0

erichuyn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about the same question for my 425XL.

Would something like this work:
1628171007847.png

Used the COR's since they were mentioned by the topic starter. Also would probably do some soft tubing/decoupling between pumps and the ball check valves.
Used ball check valves as they sounded less troublesome in my mind.
I'd think this would work because when both are running they're matched and should just pump.
If one fails the ball drops( :p ) and the water from the remaining pump should, mostly, go to the tank.

@gpinto81 what didn't work in your dual pump return setup?

PS any chance getting some pictures from your setup in your build thread?

Upvote 0
Back