Duct Cleaning Cloudy Water

alex277

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a return vent right over the aquarium and got duct cleaning done. I was kind of nervous before but the guy covered the return vent with this tape-like cover, after I expressed my concerns with anything falling into the tank.

After a while I looked and the tanks water was pretty cloudy. I didn’t notice anything fall from the vent at all… it doesn’t necessarily look like anything came into the tank. I WAS however running my skimmer for a while during. Maybe something in the air? Honestly I could be overthinking the whole thing. But the cloudiness was concerning. Before lights came on if relevant. I immediately changed the carbon for fresh stuff and changed out the filter socks (was going to anyway today). It looks like the water is clearing up now but continuing to monitor.

Am I probably fine? Or should I be worried? I only have fish at the moment but do plan on adding coral in the next few months when I can afford to. So I do want to ensure nothing they will be sensitive to is in the water… In theory, would anything that may have polluted the tank be cleared with socks, skimming, and carbon?

EDIT: should have added that for now at least the fish do not seem stressed. Maybe I am overthinking but I am OCD about my water being clear of pollutants :)

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would depend if the cleaner used any chemicals to clean with. Most don’t use chemicals

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 34 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 131 75.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back