Dumb question for autoaqua smart ATO users.

DiverGirl82

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2015
Messages
904
Reaction score
355
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought my tank and sump second hand and have been slowly getting everything else I need for it. I've been working on filling it and getting all the equipment installed and I just realized the back wall of the sump is black glass/plastic. The ATO sensors won't be able to see through that will it?
 
If you put the ATO on a clear piece of glass, I can't see the black back wall being a problem. We have one on a FW tank with no lighting in the cabinet so the whole thing is dark inside with the doors closed. I wasn't sure if it would work being black in there, but it's been running for a couple of years now.
It won't work if you place it on the black glass / plastic tho.
 
I got it on. After a lot of pushing and shoving and putting my back into it I managed to shift the sump over to one side. That gave me just enough room to get my hand down in there on the side where it's clear. Got it set up and even tested it. Works like a charm. I'm really glad I got it working. I've heard good things about the system.
 
I have the SmartATO and have only had issues with it once when I knocked the sensor off of the glass. Other than that if you wipe the sensor off every few weeks it should keep working and not give any issues.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new