Duncan’s not looking too hot

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2020
Messages
1,553
Reaction score
1,339
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, my Duncan’s aren’t looking too good. They were nice and open the last few days but today it was not looking great.

params are good.

N03: 4.5 ppm
Phos: 0.01
Calcium: 450 ppm
Mag: 1350 ppm
Dkh: 10.4
Salinity: 1.025
D19DA66B-1F53-4FF1-B390-261A102C803C.jpeg
 
Other than alkalinity being slightly high (unless you run it in this range), the other two things I'd look at are lighting and flow.
Yeah I run Red Sea coral pro salt which is 10-11 alk. It gets low-medium flow and medium light. Would you say there is any tissue death?
image.jpg
 
It's definitely not happy, but what's causing it I couldn't say. How long have you had them?
probably a week. One I put it in it looked happy and fat. It is a trial coral and the only one in the tank. I had a few a while back and they were doing well. I ended up getting rid of them because I had to move.
 
maybe its just having a bad day : P
It was just fine earlier. It can't lose tissue in 9 hours, can it?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new