Duncan - Can you reduce tentacle extension?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alazo1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Alazo1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 4, 2017
Messages
130
Reaction score
39
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a duncan, now about 40 heads. It has always looked like an anemone due to their tentacles being really long. Is there a way to reduce them?. I really like the duncan you see in a lot of pictures where the tentacles are smaller and you can see their mouths. It's the reason that I got it.

thanks,
Albert
 
ive seen those heads... i only remember my duncan being like that when it was young...
Now its more then 40+ heads, and the tenticles are long, but i prefer that, as my clowns host it, and look really sad each night when it retracts and they need to go to a nearby cave to sleep the night.
 
I'll take a picture of it later.

thanks
 
After some research it just looks like some duncans have more extension then others. I guess I'll just have to live with it.
 

Attachments

  • Duncan.jpg
    Duncan.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 118
Just for reference, mine sometimes gets upset and does this:
1713193234986.jpeg

Sometimes for months and then back to normal. Really odd coral…

But I do have filefish and I suspect some times Duncan ends up on the menu.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 21.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new