Duncan coral acting up.

Notsolostfish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2014
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
801
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 duncans corals both in 120-130 par are. They are not stretching their tentacles anymore. They stretch up, but their tentacles dont come up at all and they look ugly. Nothing changed in my tank.

Mag: 1315:
Cal:415
Salinity:1.025
Phosphate: 0.05
Nitrate: 10
Alk: 7.5

I legit rented the par meter again to see whats going on. But i dont seem to get it. Why this is difficult than it should be?

20230101_092844.jpg
 
Feeding regularly? Spot feeding? Could be adjusting to light changes, but Duncan typically aren't hard to keep growing......
 
I do feed regularly mysis shrimp
Not sure that's the best choice, but there are other powder foods on the market that might work better. I have a food Duncan love called Coral Curry, but it's not that easy to find yet......I have small 4gram sizes cheap for testing.....you can contact me directly or if you have another food like Benepets you can try that too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new