Duncan coral agressive?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jeff Cole
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jeff Cole

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 13, 2018
Messages
72
Reaction score
34
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a newbie be a and have a a Duncan coral that has gone by from six heads to almost 20 in three months. I love this coral but in my 40 gallon minded reef he is getting close to my blasto corals. Anything to worry be about? Do Duncan sing other corals they get closer to. Thanks
 
I'm a newbie be a and have a a Duncan coral that has gone by from six heads to almost 20 in three months. I love this coral but in my 40 gallon minded reef he is getting close to my blasto corals. Anything to worry be about? Do Duncan sing other corals they get closer to. Thanks
Sorry for all the typos. Fat fingers
 
I'm a newbie be a and have a a Duncan coral that has gone by from six heads to almost 20 in three months. I love this coral but in my 40 gallon minded reef he is getting close to my blasto corals. Anything to worry be about? Do Duncan sing other corals they get closer to. Thanks
Their sting is very mild and they do not have long sweeper tentacles.

But, I'd keep some separation in-between your duncan and blasto.
 
Their sting is very mild and they do not have long sweeper tentacles.

But, I'd keep some separation in-between your duncan and blasto.
Thanks very much for your help
 
Both duncans and blastos are more mild LPS stingers, but basically all LPS will do some kind of warfare when close. Keep an eye on it and get ready to move if any signs of damage show up. I have a couple blastos real close to my duncans which I'm observing closely right now. No problems so far.
 
Both duncans and blastos are more mild LPS stingers, but basically all LPS will do some kind of warfare when close. Keep an eye on it and get ready to move if any signs of damage show up. I have a couple blastos real close to my duncans which I'm observing closely right now. No problems so far.
Thanks for your help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new