Duncan coral closed for days?

  • Thread starter Thread starter walkamile
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
So a location change.. a significant increase in lighting (I'm pretty new didn't know better) and some coral food made my duncans come out. All the rest of coral appreciate the light and food too.
20180928_071701.jpg
 
So a location change.. a significant increase in lighting (I'm pretty new didn't know better) and some coral food made my duncans come out. All the rest of coral appreciate the light and food too.
20180928_071701.jpg
Great to see. Just keep every habit from this point stable and you will experience coral growth
 
I am not experienced by any means but I got a Duncan first after my tank cycled. My nitrates are at 20 and won't go down haven't for months so I doubt it's that. The only time my Duncan has fully closed is when my emerald crab attacked it. It was pulling at the tentacles I guess they are called and it closed up for a day and I got rid of the crab and its been fine since. Until last night when my LTA decided to jump on top of it but that's another story. Hope it comes back! They're beautiful.
 
Moderate light and water flow plus feeding

duncan1.jpg
 
Best place to place a ducan is on the bottom and under where you feed the fish. So the food the fish don’t eat the ducan gets. All corals love to be feed. I feed all my Coral’s every other day. In the ocean corals are feeding all the time.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 9.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new