Duncan Coral Inflated?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ezra Blue
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ezra Blue

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 17, 2020
Messages
39
Reaction score
3
Location
Chicago Illinois
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am about 4 months into my first reef tank, I I recently got my first few coral. One of them was a Duncan coral with three heads. It looked really well always until for the past week the tentacles or arms looked shorter and inflated? Also today the mouth started round like a bump? The flow is good, and the water parameters are perfect? Does anyone know what this is, or if it’s bad, or just natural? Thanks, -Ezra
 
Hi, I am about 4 months into my first reef tank, I I recently got my first few coral. One of them was a Duncan coral with three heads. It looked really well always until for the past week the tentacles or arms looked shorter and inflated? Also today the mouth started round like a bump? The flow is good, and the water parameters are perfect? Does anyone know what this is, or if it’s bad, or just natural? Thanks, -Ezra (the picture below is the coral)
AD9BBF7C-AF8D-4FE3-A05F-562EE5C20580.jpeg
 
I could be wrong, but mine has gone through phases of that as well, I think it's just natural. Mine started as one head, grew to 20+ and then almost completely died due to a magnesium plummet (100% negligence on my part) so he's back to like 3 now. I've seen random heads go through phases like that though.
 
I could be wrong, but mine has gone through phases of that as well, I think it's just natural. Mine started as one head, grew to 20+ and then almost completely died due to a magnesium plummet (100% negligence on my part) so he's back to like 3 now. I've seen random heads go through phases like that though.
I had the same thing happen but tried fragging it and failed miserably :(
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new