Duncan Coral - Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter RaymondL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RaymondL

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2022
Messages
989
Reaction score
354
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first Duncan coral, which has grown to 4 heads - suddenly one just stopped opening for the past 2 days while the others remain vibrant and healthy.

All other types of corals are doing fine. I'm just wondering if this 'behavior' is normal?
 
Ya, occasionally. Duncans have a great feeding response try feeding the heads mysis, they will love it.
 
One day when it has 20+ heads none of them will open when you have a New Year’s Eve party and people will ask why you have a butthole tree in your tank lol. That totally didn’t happen to me
Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN
 
This is my first Duncan coral, which has grown to 4 heads - suddenly one just stopped opening for the past 2 days while the others remain vibrant and healthy.

All other types of corals are doing fine. I'm just wondering if this 'behavior' is normal?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6028.jpeg
    IMG_6028.jpeg
    62.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6029.jpeg
    IMG_6029.jpeg
    67.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6030.jpeg
    IMG_6030.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 37
Sorry I’m new here and to saltwater reefing as well but I have some pics and I was wondering if you could give me your opinion on how this Duncan coral looks ? the lighting may not do the picture justice and I did just spot feed it and it does have to small heads starting to grow. But does it look health in your opinion?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new