Duncan Coral Stem turning White (HELP!!)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aaron C
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Aaron C

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 2, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

My Duncan coral has been looking like this for a couple days now and I'm concerned I might loose this piece overall

The top few heads look sunken in and there is no fleshy green polyp inside, I'm assuming this means it has unfortunately died, however as you can see the bottom half still looks alive and I'm hoping I can save this piece.

I am currently running an AI Prime 16HD and I have had this piece for 3 months with no issue, no major changes has happened to the tank either recently

Parameters
Alk- 8.2
Mag- 1250
Cal- 400
Sal- 1.025
Nit- 8.2
Phos- very low

tempImagejGmGRv.jpg

tempImageRLMZG9.jpg
 
it is probably hungry. You need to bump up the phosphate. I find Duncans to be the first to close up due to phosphate.
 
it is probably hungry. You need to bump up the phosphate. I find Duncans to be the first to close up due to phosphate.
^This and your magnesium is low.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new