Duncan corals

Want to learn reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Duncan's keep closing for several days. I started with 6 heads and now have 12 . They're not huge but seem healthy most of the time. Any idea why they are closing up like this?

OP
OP
W

Want to learn reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any little bugs on them upon inspection? Mine are super happy always and each head larger than a silver dollar

600g progress l.jpg
I haven't seen any pest on them. I've had a sail fin tang packing around them after I feed them.

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Upvote 0

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small frag with two heads that was open looking great in my QT lagoon. Put them in my display and within a week they closed up and wouldn’t open up. Move them a few times to stronger flow or lighting. Every time I moved them they’d open up for a few days then close up again. So back in the lagoon they went and opened up within a day or so and stay open. They even grew a third head. Water perimeters are same as I use DT water for lagoon water changes. So after a month I moved them back to the DT. Two days later they’re closed up again. So then I start looking at a WiFi camera I have set up and found that my moorish idol is picking at them when I’m not around. Now they’re a permanent fixture in the lagoon tank.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

Want to learn reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small frag with two heads that was open looking great in my QT lagoon. Put them in my display and within a week they closed up and wouldn’t open up. Move them a few times to stronger flow or lighting. Every time I moved them they’d open up for a few days then close up again. So back in the lagoon they went and opened up within a day or so and stay open. They even grew a third head. Water perimeters are same as I use DT water for lagoon water changes. So after a month I moved them back to the DT. Two days later they’re closed up again. So then I start looking at a WiFi camera I have set up and found that my moorish idol is picking at them when I’m not around. Now they’re a permanent fixture in the lagoon tank.
16142033388888178807836577580892.jpg

Upvote 0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back