Duncans not opening for weeks

  • Thread starter Thread starter Floyd-
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Floyd-

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2021
Messages
990
Reaction score
745
Location
Fort Walton Beach, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a little 25G lagoon tank with mainly SPS and LPS. The duncans normally are fluffy and always open but for the past 2 weeks other than a small peek they have been closed most of the day. Nothing has changed in the tank and no other coral is close to them. Parameters are the same as they have been for the past year. Ive seen LPS be pouty before but this length of time is worrying me. All other coral are doing great and growing very fast with great polyp extension. Even my clove polyp corals are doing great!
 
I'd post a picture of the duncan, it will help people see what it is doing. Even though everything else is fine I'd post parameters as well
 
I can get pictures later. Parameters were
Temp-78f
salinity-35ppt
no3-3
po4-.12
cal-390

I dont test mag or anything else. I do have a hanna PH meter but never use it. My parameters have been near 0 no3 and .3 po4 with everything thriving. Not sure whats messing with this one coral in the tank.
 
Has something been bothering them? What about your lighting?
 
I heard that fish will pick at them. I don‘t know if that would cause them to stay closed for that long though
 
Here are some pictures from last night when I got home. This is the best they have looked in weeks. Normally they are fully retracted.
1.jpg
2.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new