Durso question

CobrahSparkles

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2015
Messages
409
Reaction score
147
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a 80g RR Deep Blue Professional, the plumbing it comes with is a standard durso. This is my first tank with a sump, I've got everything figured out as far as what gets connected to where.

My question is... I'm just not sure how to start the siphon on the durso once I turn the return pump on. I'm sure this is crazy simple, I've just never had to do it before. Thanks.
 
As long as it's set up right, once you turn on the pump the water rises to the overflow level and just drains down the pipe.
 
What @mfinn said! You might have to adjust the height of the durso up or down, but otherwise it will start to drain automatically. You actually don't want it to siphon.
 
Oh wow, well that's easy lol. How can I avoid a siphon?
 
Awesome, this couldn't be easier. Thanks guys.
 
While I've got you guys here, I'll need to clean the gaskets for the bulkhead before I reinstall. How should I go about that?
 
I read around and saw water will work to clean them as long as there is no debris left in the gasket, so that's what I just did. I hand tightened the bulkheads, but read different things about how tight it should be. Some say hand tight, some say 1/4 to 1/2 turn past that with a wrench. Opinions?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new